Mohamed Fayed, the former owner of Harrods, is said to have raped and sexually assaulted a string of women who worked at the department store.
More than 20 women claimed they were sexually assaulted by the billionaire, who died last year at the age of 94, and five of those said they were raped.
The women, who worked at Harrods from the late 1980s to the 2000s, said assaults were carried out at the company’s offices, in Fayed’s London apartment or on foreign trips, often at the Ritz hotel in Paris.
It is claimed he would regularly tour the department store’s sales floors to identify young female assistants he found attractive before isolating and attacking them.
The BBC revealed the allegations in a documentary and podcast called Al-Fayed: Predator at Harrods. In the expose, the broadcaster claims Harrods not only failed to intervene but also helped cover up allegations against Fayed.
The current owners of Harrods said they were “utterly appalled” by the allegations, stressing that the company today was “very different”.
NZ Herald
Face of the Day
In the expose, the broadcaster claims Harrods not only failed to intervene but also helped cover up allegations against Fayed.
Latest
This Is of Concern
The head of the Electoral Commission needs to explain what will be done to ensure the 28,000 New Zealanders applying to help run the 2026 election are not subjected to separatist indoctrination.
Now Apologising for Telling the Truth
Revolutionaries should be made of sterner stuff.
Media Love Snakes and Ladders
This is where we are, with a much greater reliance on ACT and NZ First to get National over the line on November 7. This should not be the case but these are the cards National has dealt the coalition.