Table of Contents
Bridges last week challenged Bloomfield, the director general of health, during a meeting of the Epidemic Response Select Committee last week, saying the Ministry of Health had failed to answer written questions from the committee.
“Why don’t you answer simple health questions, to the one parliamentary committee on this remarkably significant issue … You just aren’t answering despite repeated requests,” Bridges said.
“I think it comes down to one simple thing, you don’t want to answer because you want to control the information flow.”
[…] Bloomfield, in the letter, said he would make his response to Bridges’ claims public due to the high level of interest in the matter.
Bridges on Tuesday stood by his assertion, saying it took an average of two or two and a half weeks for the ministry to respond to the committee.
[…] “We had a right as Parliament to be getting timely answers, and that certainly did not happen.”
The committee last week issued a summons of Bloomfield, as well as the Solicitor-General and the police commissioner, asking them to hand over the Crown Law legal advice behind the lockdown.
How Bloomfield and the others named in the summons will respond is unknown. The Attorney-General afterward escalated matters further, asking the Speaker to refer the matter to the Privileges Committee.
stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/121484941/coronavirus-dr-ashley-bloomfield-pushes-back-at-simon-bridges-over-failure-to-answer-simple-questions-claim